30 March 2018

LOCAL LEGENDS


As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, the new local legends is on the mysterious "The Plane".

Now, the plane is another ghost, but one with a difference. The plane is, unsurprisingly, the ghost of a plane which crashed in the Plynlympon mountains in Ceredigion. The inhabitant was Army Air Corps pilot Xenephon E Eugenedes, who crashed,  and died, in 1945. The plane wreck is still lying around on the side of one of the mountains, despite many parts being stolen or vandalised.

Nobody is sure when The ghost started appearing, but I guess it wouldn't have been long after the crash occurred. A witness named Paul Jay saw the plane and expected to see the crash through his rear-view mirrors, but it simply disappeared.  I do not know when this sighting was, or of any other convincing sightings. It's possible it may not manifest anymore, but that would seem surprising.

A good topic to think about is whether the ghost of Eugenedes remains in the plane, as a Class 3 ghost himself, or if the plane "flies itself" for lack of a better term. It's also possible his ghost is separated from the plane, and is possibly wandering around Plynlymon looking for a way back home, although as he has never been seen, I doubt this.

The following link takes you to a website on Xenophon Eugenedes, which I got some of my information from.

https://xenophoneeugenedes.weebly.com

I hope you enjoyed this Local Legends post, as I noticed they aren't actually that popular! I'm not going to stop doing them though. So goodbye and Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment